Cruise to Murder (Z & C Mysteries #2) - Zoey Kane,  Claire Kane Cruise to Murder was just as much fun to read as The Riddle of Hillgate was. While this is book 2, it reads well as a stand alone, and readers won't feel lost if they haven't read book 1. Zoey and Claire are such a fun mother and daughter team. Zoey, the mother is always doing something outrageous that has Claire shaking her head. This mystery has a little bit of everything: romance, murder, voodoo and more. There were enough twists and turns to keep me guessing as to who was responsible for the murders and why they happened.

While there is a lot going on in this book, I never felt lost and kept waiting to see what crazy thing would happen to Zoey and Claire. This was just a fun read a nice break from the genres I normally read. The romances the two were great because it wasn't serious and I loved how the two teased each other about the guys.

The only problem I had with this one was that I am so used to reading books in first person that the narration of some things that the two did was hard for me to get used for some reason. Once I got used to it though, everything moved right along. I can't wait to see what trouble Claire and Zoey will get into next.

Originally posted on my blog A Buckeye Girl Reads