Love Bites - Cari Quinn Cari Quinn is one of my favorite contemporary erotica romance authors, so when I saw that she had a paranormal romance out, I knew I had to try it. I'm glad I gave it a chance, but I have to admit, this is not one of my favorites by Cari Quinn. Love Bites is very different then her contemporary erotica romances. The passion there, and the strong and independent characters are still there, but something was missing with this one.

This is a novella, so everything happened really fast, and normally this doesn't bother me, but I think that between the world building and relationship building all of the wonderful emotions that I have come to expect from this author were missing from this one. Sydney and Kellan both had a lot of chemistry and as always the sex scenes were well done and hot, but I could not connect to them as a couple. I think it was because I really liked Lucas and Emily somehow wanted the four of them together instead of as separate couples as crazy as that seems.

While this one wasn't for me, I enjoyed the risks that were taken with it. I always like it when authors try something new, even it doesn't work for me.