Confessions of a Call Center Gal - Lisa  Lim hat I enjoyed most about this book was the call center aspect of the story. I worked in a call center doing tech support, and reading this book brought back so many memories. Lisa Lim really nailed what it was like working on the phones all day long. Customers are demanding, and the mute button becomes your best friend.

There isn't much of a story outside the call center, and while the calls were entertaining and the relationships Maddy had with her co workers were great, I had a really hard time liking Maddy or her best friend. My biggest problem was I couldn't relate to either one, and the slang was really hard to take sometimes. I think if I had read this book right out of college, I would have really loved this novella. However, since I'm not right out of college it was hard for me to read. It was a really fast read, and I liked how the setting was really different from other chick lit books I've read.

While I did have a hard time with Maddy, I have to admit that I laughed a lot during this book. The customers were just hilarious, and the supervisors were ones everyone has had-the good one, the evil one and the weird one that no one understands. If you are looking for something a bit different to read then give this a try.