Legacy - Jeanette Baker Legacy is a beautiful written story that travels from present day Scotland to the various times in the past. This is one of those books that I just wanted to fall in love with, but just couldn't.

Normally I can list a ton of reasons why a book didn't work for me, but not with this one. The first half of the book really captured my attention and I loved how it went back and forth from the present day to the past. Somewhere along the way though, both stories started to lose me and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't regain the feelings for the book that I had in the beginning.

One of the things I did like about this book was the heroine, Christina is older. She is 38 and is recovering from a painful divorce. It's such a rarity to have a heroine who is past the age of 35. The romance between her and Ian was sweet, and I found myself wanting more of that then the story happening in the past. I think that combined with the fact that I thought I knew where the story set in the past was headed is what made me not love the book as much as I wanted to.

While I lost patience with this book, it's one like Undertow I definitely want to give it another chance at another time.