This World We Live In - Susan Beth Pfeffer
This continues the story of Miranda and Alex who we met in Life As We Knew It and the Dead and The Gone. It's been a year since a meteor hit the moon, and though things have changed a lot, Miranda and her family have gotten used to doing without things like running water, electricity and eating three meals a day. Then one day everything changes. Her dad who left last year with his pregnant wife, Lisa to go out west, has returned with a new baby and three other people-Charlie, Alex and Julie. The dynamics have changed, and Miranda struggles to take in all the changes.

When I told my mom I was reading another book in the series that made me want to buy cross country skis she went: "Are you going to stock up on bottled water again?" Me: "Probably."

So many adjectives come to mind when trying to describe this book-gripping, page turner, disturbing, and frustrating. I had so many thoughts swirling around in my head while I read this book. While I didn't love it as much as I did the first one, I still couldn't stop reading it, and the more I read the more I wanted to shout at the characters to stop being so depressing. However, if i lived in the world they did I have to say I'd be as distrusting and as afraid of what was coming around the corner as they were.

I really liked how we saw Miranda mature in this book-she finally gets that there is more to the world then her, though it takes her a while to see it that way. Personally, I could have done without the romances that were in this book. I had a hard time believing that people could fall in love that fast, and I had issues with the way Miranda's family acted to the romances-why couldn't they just be happy for each other? I know the answer to that one, but still! When I got to the end of the book I just wanted to scream-because it left so many unanswered questions. I really hope that there is a book #4! This book is not a stand alone book, and if you haven't read the other two books in the series Life As We Knew It and The Dead and The Gone, you'll have a hard time finding sympathy for these characters and be a bit lost in the story line.