Lover Eternal - J.R. Ward This book was almost a dnf for me. Why? It wasn't Rhage-I loved him and his dragon, it was Mary. I found her to be totally unlikable and wishy washy. In fact, she didn't redeem herself in my eyes until the last 100 pages, and that's a long time to go without liking the heroine. The cancer storyline didn't bother me, but it was just so predictable.

I also have a huge problem with the lessers. They don't scare me, and I don't really see them as a threat to the brotherhood. The evil "i'm out to kill vampires because they are vampires" bores me to tears. Maybe if I had read this series before Sherilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters, or Karen Marie Monings Fever series or Gena Showalters LOFTU series the lessers would be better villains then what they are to me now. They just make me yawn.

I did love how tough Mary came at the end of the book, but why did it have to take sooo long to get there? I also felt like this was one big set up for Z's story-which I can't to read yet, but why must one book always fall in a series for the rest of the books to happen?