Double Cross - Carolyn Crane If I could describe this book in one word it would be wow! Carolyn Crane has written an amazing story that will have you laughing, crying and shaking your head in disbelief.

Most head shaking moments of disbelief came from Justine. I also might've yelled at her a time or two for being a complete moron, idiot, ditz, indecisive heroine who doesn't know which guy should have her heart: the mysterious, slightly jerkish, but totally swoon-worthy Packard, or Otto, the nice, respectable guy who she can tell her deepest fears to him and have him understand what she's going through.

On the surface, it seems like such an easy choice for her to make. It would seem obvious that Otto is the perfect choice for her. I mean what girl wouldn't love a hero like that? He is a hero not only to her, but to the entire city. However, Justine has her doubts about Mr. Wonderful. She can't stop thinking about Packard and how much he's helped her get over her fear. She also can't get passed the fact that he lied to her and stole her trust to make her apart of the disillusionists. Justine wants so badly to trust him again, but just can't get over all the lying he did to her. She goes through a gut wrenching, heartbreaking, soulful journey to discover which guy is worthy of her love.

I have to say that her journey had me wanting to hurt the girl a lot. I found myself shouting at her so much that I had to put the book down and remind myself that if I were in the same situation I'd probably be making the same choices she did. Justine was not alone in making me shout. Packard and Otto both had their fair share of shouting and cursing done at them. Then darn if the two of them didn't make me sigh right after the cursing. There might've even been a little book tossing involved.

I've made this sound like a love story, but it's not. The struggle Justine has for Otto and Packard encompasses a much bigger story: who is killing highcaps like Packard and Otto in MidCity. All of our favorite characters return, and like Justine each of them are going through their own journeys. I could feel the turmoil each of them was going through as they struggled with these issues: personal freedom vs. loyalty, right vs. wrong, good vs. evil, and can everything be defined in black and white terms or are there shades of gray?

This is a story of redemption, love, friendship, justice and so much more. This is such an amazing story-I just want everyone to fall in love with the characters and story as much as I did.

Favorite quote:
..."And I touched you." He runs a finger along side of the cart. "Your skin was electric. I half thought there should be sparks." He lowers his voice. "I know you felt it. You looked so beautiful. And then you came closer." He starts to roll the cart sideways, I clamp down hard on my side, stopping it, shocked that he would talk to so dirty to me in an office superstore. Then I realized he hadn't said anything dirty at all.