Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) - J.R. Ward Originally posted on my blog A Buckeye Girl Reads

I have to say that I'm not sure how it took me so long to finally read this book. I've had it since it came out, but it kind of got lost in my tbr pile. I dug it out when I realized that the next book, Lover Reborn was coming out next week on 3/27/12.

I'm not sure what it is about this series that keeps me coming back for more. It really is like book crack. The one big gripe I have with this book is the same that everyone else has had and that was that there wasn't more of the main couple, Manny and Payne in this book? Payne is actually one of my favorite heroines. She wasn't afraid to stand up to her brother V, or anyone else, yet showed the right amount of respect to Wrath when it came to his stupid decision regarding her and Manny.

I don't understand why this book wasn't from the outset about V and have Manny and Payne be a side couple, which they clearly were in this book. I found myself getting frustrated that there weren't more of these two weren't more apart of the story. As soon as I would get into a scene with them it would change to someone elses story. The same goes for the others featured in the book-namely Qhuay. (Blay/Qhuinn) I really enjoyed the brothers from the old country causing havoc, and it will be interesting to see the role the play in the upcoming books. They were much more fun then the cheesy lessers.

This series is still one of my favorites, even if the lines are a bit cheesy & kept repeating themselves (I lost track of how many times someone was a Women of Worth.") and the apple product placements were just as bad as Sherrilyn Kenyons last Dark Hunter book were, I know I won't stop reading JR Ward anytime soon. I think if she'd publish her grocery lists I'd buy them. She's just that good. :)

Curran Crush Meter: High