The Last Slayer - Nadia Lee
The Last Slayer is a little bit Urban Fantasy, a little bit Paranormal Romance, a little bit Fantasy and a lot of beautiful world building.

Ashera is one tough heroine. What I really liked about her is that while she might have teamed up with Ramiel, she didn't trust him and still did things her own way. She also wasn't afraid to fight whatever came her way. I loved how she got into the thick of things and didn't whine about it. Ramiel intrigued me because it took me awhile to figure out what supernatural group he belonged to and I liked that. As soon as I thought I had everything figured out about him there was a twist at the end I didn't see coming. As much as I loved both of these two, I had a hard time feeling a romantic connection to them. It just seemed like Ashera kept going back and forth so much on her feelings for him that it made it hard for me. However, I think a large part of this has to do with my pets who think they own me instead of the other way around. (which is sometimes true, lol.)

They would not leave me alone while I read the first part of the book. Every time I sat down to read, she would want to play and I think I lost a lot of the chemistry between Ramiel and Ashera because of all the distractions thrown my way.

The second half of the book really drew me into the story. When Ashera arrived at Ramiel's everything just came alive for me. I loved the descriptions of his house, and I found myself really wanting a fairy dragon of my own. Toshi had me laughing out loud a lot. I just loved the world that Ashera discovers in the second part of the book and it has me looking forward to the next book.

Also found on my blog A Buckeye Girl Reads