Head Rush - Carolyn Crane The Disillusionist Series is one of my all time favorites and Packard is a beloved book boyfriend. The ending of Double Cross (book Two) prompted to have the Double Cross Curse Meter because it was such a cliff hanger. Well, Head Rush was well worth the wait and lived up to all of my expectations and was a great way to ring in the New Year.

Justine is one of my favorite heroines. She's not a katana yielding, demon hunting girl but someone who has reluctantly joined a group of highcaps-people who have special powers and the group she's in use them to help reform those who have done horrible things to other people. In this book Justine is on her own, and is about to marry Otto. I love how she has all these doubts about , but still tries to stay true to herself to first and instead of just going with the flow fights to figure out if her doubts are right or not.

I didn't think this would be possible, but I found myself feeling sorry for Otto. He tries so hard, but just doesn't get it. As soon as I found myself having a little sympathy for him though, I would remind myself of his past actions and whisper: "Remember Packard, C. You don't like this guy." and then I would yell at Justine a little bit for taking so long to finally get it. My heart was breaking through out this story as Justine grappled with everything. Fortunately there was Simon for comic relief. He was wonderful. I loved how he wanted to be a bridesmaid, and his choice of outfit (top hat with leather straps for a shirt) just cracked me up. I also liked how Shelby, Justine's best disillusionist friend was there for her, but helped to open her eyes as well. The inclusion of Justine's friends from where she worked in Mind Games was nice as well. I liked how all the secondary characters from past books made an appearance in this one. One nice addition to this series was Justine's father. He's mentioned in the other books, but we finally get to meet him in Head Rush. I loved how he was there for his daughter despite his fear of well, almost everything.

The ending had me crying just a bit a lot. Questions were answered, puzzles solved, and Justine finally got the ending she deserved. A certain character who lived in a kebab restaurant is now at the top of my book boyfriends list. He is just so sigh worthy I could talk about him forever, but want everyone to discover his deliciousness for themselves. This series is one that has an earned a permanent spot on my keeper shelf.

Also found on my blog: A Buckeye Girl Reads