The Disciple

The Disciple - Jemma Chase
This is such a gritty, dark Urban Fantasy story and I love it. This is not your typical vampire story. The vampires have taken over the world and humans live in fear of them. To stop them The Order sends people back through time to fight them. They are realizing though that it's not working. There are too many problems with short term trips to the past. To combat this problem they send a team back to when vampirism started growing-the 1200s. A team volunteers to go back in time to find the source of where it began to stop it, never knowing if their mission will be successful or not.

There is a lot of fighting, some romance and enough twists and turns where I was surprised by the ending. My only problem with this book was that wish it had been longer. I really liked all the members of the team sent back through time and would have liked to have seen their characters develop a bit more. I think that this book would work well as a series. There are far too few good time travel books out there. If you are looking for a different type of vampire book, then I highly recommend this one.

Also posted on my blog A Buckeye Girl Reads